“A man who does not think for himself does not think at all.” Oscar Wilde

"A man who does not think for himself does not think at all." Oscar Wilde

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Thinking About The 2020 Election

For the past weeks and months politics have dominated the news. Other major stories have been the devastation from natural disasters and the uncertainty of North Korea. All take their toll intellectually, emotionally and in draining personal energy. It is time to lighten the mood.

Subsequently, after a great deal of introspection and reviewing opinions of American citizens regarding their politicians, I have determined there is a way I can run for the office of the President of the United States without fanfare, campaigning, or spending a great deal of money and win that election.

The first thing I need to do is go to my local courthouse and file papers for a name change. The cost is minimal and it is legal. The main downfall is the time consuming tasks of changing/updating such things as driver's license, insurance, social security, etc. But, that is not even close to impossible.

Since doing those things take time the early part of 2018 would be a good time to accomplish this. Also, in 2018 I'm sure we'll see the advent of various individuals stating their intentions to seek public office. Giving the public a chance to think to themselves: "Oh no! Not that idiot."

Each state has specific laws and requirements to be placed on their ballot for an election. Most require a certain number of signatures to be added. With friends, and friends of friends, etc. I believe it would be possible to be placed on those ballots. Along with a running mate to be named at that time.

The remainder of the undertaking is easy. I just want to be placed on the bottom of the ballot as an unknown. The rest would be history. And, in January of 2021 I would be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States.

Oh, I forgot to mention ... the name change ... I would have had my name legally changed to: "None of the Above."

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment