“A man who does not think for himself does not think at all.” Oscar Wilde

"A man who does not think for himself does not think at all." Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Let Freedom Ring

After more than 3 years I'm back.

Why the hiatus? A very simple explaination Google, in its infinate binary wisdom, refused to allow me to sign in and wouldn't help in any way to solve the issue without lightening my bank account. So ... here I am nearly 3 years later without adding to the giants coffer. Why or how I was able to re-establish my little part of cyberspace I have no idea but ... Let Freedom Ring!

So much has happened during my absence it would be impossible to wrap-up my views in a single post and I'm not even going to try. Nor, am I going to take on the highlights. Instead, I'll just start from today ... the first day of the rest of our lives.

LET FREEDOM RING

This weekend is the 4th of July holiday and we'll celebrate 239 years of freedom. Our nation has come a long way since the founding fathers declared independence.

In light of the most recent current events this weekend Freedom of Speech will abound. Politicians, presidential hopefuls and local figures will extoll or damn the freedoms our people enjoy. They will pit popularity against the rule of law and test the process involving "the will of the people."

According to reports millions of United States citizens will travel more than 50 miles from home this holiday weekend. AND, they will be able to do this without stopping at government roadblocks, or having to show travel or identity papers.

We enjoy freedoms other people around the world only dream of. The dialogues, discussions, debates and demonstrations are but one small arena of the freedoms we enjoy.

As we celebrate the birth of our country let us never lose sight of the cost of freedom nor, of its priceless blessing.

Have a great 4th of July and always Let Freedom Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment